applying for mas

Now taking applications for Sept 2021


solo artists


Thank you for you interest in MAS Records. To avoid disappointment, please read the following carefully before applying...
If you are in a band, it is important that ALL members apply in one application form.

We are now looking for bands that are 18 or over and are committed to their music.
If you are between the ages of 16-18, you will need GCSE grades of 4 or above in Maths and English Literature or Language. If you are yet to take your GCSEs, or are retaking them, please just enter your predicted grade for now when you complete the form. If you are currently on another course you will not be able to take part on the MAS programme.
You need to be at least 16 years of age to apply. If you are in a band and the majority of your band is 16+, this is acceptable
We have three centres that run the programme for solo artists; Birmingham (SongLab), London (SAFO Music) and Southampton (River Studios). If you are a solo artist and apply anywhere else, we cannot accept your application.

We're sorry for any inconvenience these regulations cause. We are government funded and have to keep to certain funding criteria.

It is worth noting, MAS Records is NOT a traditional record label. Artists do not ‘sign’ to us. As a band/artist you are completely free to work with any other organisation, i.e any other record label or management company. The MAS programme is free to artists. We do not charge for the services we provide and any material you record with us, you will retain your master rights. We are funded through the government as the MAS programme is focused around a L2 or L3 qualification.

mas logo black.png